Breadfruit, Peeled - 700 – 800 g
Coconut Milk - 300 ml
Brown Sugar - 150 g
Flour - 300 g
Baking Powder - 1 tbsp.
Vegetable Oil - 1 litre (For Deep Frying)
Icing Sugar for Dusting
Cinnamon Powder for Dusting
- Cut breadfruit into chunks and boil with salt till soft. Drain out water. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl – Place Breadfruit, Flour, Sugar and Baking powder and Mix.
- Add in Coconut Milk Gradually. Adjust Flour if necessary.
- Knead into a soft dough. Roll out dough and make Donut shapes to desired size (Size will double once cooked)
- Heat Oil and fry Donut rings till golden brown. Drain off excess oil.
- Dust Icing Sugar and Cinnamon Powder before serving.
TIP: Serve with a Berry Compote or a Chocolate Sauce.