- Powder the fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onions and saute over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes until they're soft.
- Add the ginger and stir to mix, about thirty seconds, then add the powdered spices and the tomato paste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato paste is almost dry. Add the tomato puree, paprika, peanut butter and vegetable stock.
- Stir until everything's well combined. Add all the vegetables and peanuts and bring the stew to a boil.
- Cover, turn the heat to low, and let the stew cook 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are really tender. Add more water or vegetable stock if the stew gets really thick.
- Stir in the harissa, a little at a time, until you have the heat you desire. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with Organic Heirloom rice or quinoa.
Posted by Saaraketha Organics