- Wash the pumpkin, half it and remove the seeds. Cut into chunks and cook in a large pot on medium heat for ~15 minutes. Once cooked, mash with a fork.
- In the meantime, peel and finely chop the onion. Mince the ginger and clove of garlic. Empty the cardamom pods.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with a little bit of water and add the onion, ginger, garlic as well as the cardamom seeds and cumin seeds. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the remaining spices (garam masala, turmeric, coriander, ground ginger, ground cloves) and cook for another couple of minutes. Add a splash of water if it becomes too dry.
- Add the coconut milk and mashed pumpkin and mix well to incorporate evenly. Let simmer for ~10 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces and add to the curry.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over rice or with vegan naan bread.
Posted by Saaraketha Organics