- If you are going to cook black eyed peas from scratch, see notes.
- Rinse your chopped greens and and cabbage.
- In a medium pan, add 1 tbsp oil, shallot, garlic, and cabbage. Saute for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add in your collard green, 1 more tbsp oil, and sea salt. Cover for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat and place all the ingredients from the pan into a large bowl.
- Add in your carrots, cooked quinoa, cooked black eyed peas, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Season with more salt/pepper if desired.
- Toss together and serve with oil/vinegar.
Note if you want to cook peas from scratch:
- Place a 16oz bag of peas in a pot and cover with water and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- Let it soak for 1 hr or more.
- Rinse then refill pot with water, dash of salt, and simmer peas for 2 hrs on medium. If they are still not tender after 2 hrs, simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Rinse, drain, and keep in a airtight container until ready to eat.