- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic eggplant/ aubergine - 3
- Organic tomato, diced - 2
- Organic onion, diced - 1
- Cloves garlic - 2
- Organic parsley - 2 tbsp
- Organic lemon, juiced - 1/2
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Organic mint leaves (optional)
- First you need to roast the eggplant by placing it directly over the flame on your stove top. Roast it for about 15 minutes by turning it from side to side until the skin is burnt and the pulp is soft and tender.
- Once the eggplant is roasted, you need to peel off the skin, and then mash it using a fork or a potato masher.
- Add tomato, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and give it a good mix.
- To serve, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and garnish with parsley or mint leaves. Serve warm or cold with pita or taboun bread.