Carrot Cake Granola
- 23 Jun, 2020
- grated organic carrots - 1 cup
- old fashioned oats - 4 cups
- organic virgin coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- organic wild bee honey - 1/3 cup
- nuts - 1/2 cup
- coconut flakes - 1/2 cup
- raisins - 1/2 cup
- organic ginger powder- 1/2 tsp
- organic cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- organic cardamom powder - 1/2tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Stir wet mixture well with a hand mixer. Fold carrots into wet mixture.
- In a separate large-size mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, ginger powder, cinnamon, cardamom powder and salt.
- Pour wet mixture into oat mixture and use hand mixture to moisten the entire granola mix. It should be sticky to the touch.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread wet granola mixture evenly onto cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Every 5 minutes, turn the granola with a spatula to ensure that the granola doesn’t burn or brown too much.
- Remove from oven when granola is golden brown. Let granola cool completely before adding in yogurt raisins, raisins, and coconut flakes.