Chicken & Leek Soup
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic onion, finely chopped - 1
- Organic leeks, thinly sliced - 4
- Bacon - 3 lean pieces
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Chicken, baked - 2 cups
- Wholegrain mustard - 1 tsp
- Mixed dried herbs - 2 tsp
- Chicken broth - 6 cups
- Coconut milk - 400ml
- Fish sauce - 1 tsp
- Organic lemon - juice of 1/2
- Salt and Organic black pepper powder - to taste
- Virgin coconut oil
- Put some oil in a large pot, add the onion and bacon and cook till golden
- Add the garlic and leeks and continue to fry to soften.
- Add the whole grain mustard, mixed herbs, squeeze of half a lemon, broth and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer or 40 mins.
- For the last 10 mins add in the cooked chicken and coconut milk. Stir well.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.