Chili Cow Pea Hummus
- 23 Jun, 2020
- organic cow peas - 2 cups
- garlic - 2 medium cloves
- tahini - 1/3 cup
- organic lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- organic coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- green chili - 1 or 2 to taste
- salt and organic black pepper - to taste
- cumin - 1/2 tsp
- for garnish (optional) fresh organic coriander leaves, green chili, a few organic cow peas, olive oil
- Soak the cow peas overnight. Drain and keep a little bit of the liquid.
- Add cow peas, tahini, chili's (start with less then add more if more heat is desired), lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and cumin to the pitcher of a high-powered blender or to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Puree until smooth, adding the reserved liquid as needed to keep everything moving. Taste and add additional jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and salt, if desired.
- Spoon into a bowl and smooth the top. Scatter on optional garnishes, if desired, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with pitas, pita chips, veggies, or whatever else you like to dip in hummus!
- Keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days.