Coconut Curry Butternut Soup
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic Virgin Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Organic butternut - 1kg
- Organic onion, chopped - 1 large
- Garlic cloves, chopped - 4 large
- Fresh organic ginger, grated - 2 inch piece
- Thai red curry paste - 2 or 3 tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Organic lime juice - 1 tbsp
- Wild bee honey - 1 or 2 tbsp
- Vegetable broth - 5 cups
- Coconut milk - 250ml
- Fresh organic mint leaves, chopped - handful
- Fresh organic coriander leaves, chopped - handful
- Heat oil in a large cooking pan over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add onions and cook until soft and translucent (about 5-7 minutes). Add squash, garlic, ginger, curry paste, and salt. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant. Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until squash is completely soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Blend soup well. Purée soup and add back to the pot. Add coconut milk and re-heat the soup until just hot, then stir in the lime juice and honey, and adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Top with fresh cilantro and mint.