Coconut & Shrimp Mixed Infused Heirloom Rice
- 23 Jun, 2020
A kaleidoscope of local spices, herbs & vegetables infused with coconut cream to heirloom rice, to create a fusion flavorful mixed rice dish.
- Organic Heirloom Rice - 200g
- Organic Tomato, Diced - 150g
- Tomato Paste - 10g
- Organic Onion, Chopped - 10g
- Garlic, Chopped - 5g
- Organic Lime Juice - 10 ml
- Mustard Seed - 1 tsp.
- Coconut Cream - 400g
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - 150ml
- Organic Spring Onion, Sliced - 40g
- Organic Curry Leaves, Sliced - For Garnish
- Shrimp - 150g
- Water - 150ml
- Heat medium sized pot with Coconut Oil. Add Onion, Garlic & Mustard Seeds. Cook without browning.
- Mix in Rice, Diced Tomato and Tomato Paste. Cook under low heat for 2 minutes.
- Mix in Coconut Cream and Lime Juice with 100ml Season.
- Bring to boil. Then cover pot and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes till Rice is cooked. Add water more water if necessary. Don’t allow liquid to dry out.
- Once Rice is cooked. Mix in the Shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve Rice along with liquids. Tops with Spring Onion and Curry Leaves.