Cucumber Pineapple Pepper Relish
- 23 Jun, 2020
- organic green cucumbers (Japanese salad) - 2
- organic local cucumber - 1
- organic red bell pepper - 1
- organic green bell pepper - 2
- ripe organnic pineapple - 1
- sesame seeds - handful
- water - 1 cup
- vinegar - 1 cup
- organic chilli flakes - 2 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- sugar - 1/4 cup or less
- organic ginger powder - 1 tsp
- freshly minced garlic - 2 tsp
- corn flour - 2 tsp
- Wash clean and cube the cucumber, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Roast the sesame seeds.
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in sugar, ginger, garlic, chilli and salt; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch. Remove saucepan from stove to cool.
- Then transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- Toss the Salad together and serve on its own or on top of bread, toast or roti.
- Drizzle the sweet and sour dressing and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds just before serving