Eggs Tomato Breakfast Skillet
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic tomatoes, blanched, peeled and cut into chuncks - 6
- Cherry tomatoes - handful
- Fresh thyme - few springs
- Organic onions - 2 large
- Garlic, minced - 2 cloves
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt and organic pepper powder - to taste
- Free range eggs - 5
- Fresh organic parsley - to taste
- Fresh organic basil - to taste
- In a 10-inch cast iron pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced onions, garlic and thyme, cooking for 5-10 minutes, until slightly translucent. Add a coffee spoon sugar to caramelize the onions.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the second teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper and simmer until tomatoes have broken down into a loose sauce.
- Remove thyme. Make a well in the tomato sauce with the back of a wooden spoon and crack 1 egg into the well. Repeat with remaining 4 eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired.
- Top with fresh parsley or basil and serve immediately from the skillet and some slices of toasted baguette or country bread.