Indigenous Grain & Rice Mash
- 23 Jun, 2020
A flavorful companion of whole grains, local veggies & greens infused with herbs & spices.
- Organic Green Gram, Boiled - 80g
- Organic Red Cowpea, Boiled - 50g
- Organic Kuruluthuda Rice, Boiled - 100g
- Organic Cucumber - 20g
- Free Range Egg - 1
- Organic Dambala, Sliced 1 Stick or - 40g
- Organic Kathrurumurunga Leaves - 30g
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - 200 ml
- Organic White Pepper Powder
- Combine Green Gram, Red Cowpea and Kuruluthuda and mash lightly. Set aside.
- Boil egg by placing it in simmering water for 7 minutes. Cool and peel off shell.
- Heat pan with 100 ml Coconut Oil. Cook Dambala and Kathurumurunga. Season
- Heat another pan with 100 ml Coconut Oil and sauté mashed Grains and lightly brown.
- Serve by placing mash in a bowl and top with boiled egg, Dambala mixture and sliced cucumber