Organic Beet Patties
- 17 May, 2021
- 1 large beetroot or 2 medium Saaraketha Organic Beetroots boiled and grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 small Saaraketha Organic Onion finely shopped
- 1 Saaraketha Organic Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 Saaraketha Free Range Egg (optional if you want a plant-based option)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Some Saaraketha virgin coconut oil, for pan frying
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except oil mix well until it’s a thick paste. Make patties of about 3” in diameter and half inch thick. Heat oil in pan, when hot place patties in pan and fry each side for about 4-5 minutes or well done. The soft patties will be quite firm to the touch when done.
Enjoy in burger buns, with rice or as it is with some cheese on the side.
Recipe by Nipuni Sangakkara for Saaraketha