Roasted Beetroot, Ginger & Coconut Soup
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic beetroot, scrubbed - 500g
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Organic leeks, finely sliced - 4
- Organic celery stalks, finely sliced - 2
- Organic fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks - 30g
- Fresh vegetable stock - 1 liter
- Coconut cream - 4 tbsp (plus extra to serve
- Handful of dill leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Top and tail the beetroot and cut into bite-sized chunks (there’s no need to peel them). Toss with 1 tbsp oil, season, and roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the leeks, celery and ginger for 10-15 minutes, until softened and starting to caramelize. Stir in the cooked beetroot, then the stock and bring to the boil. Season, simmer for 5 minutes, then take off the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender with the lemon juice, coconut milk yogurt and most of the dill. Whizz (in batches, if necessary) until smooth, adding more seasoning and lemon juice as required, and a little water to loosen, if needed. Serve in bowls with a spoonful more yogurt and a scattering of dill.