Roasted Veggie Pasta
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Pasta - 1 pound
- Organic red onion, sliced - 1/2 large
- Organic carrots, cut into thin matchsticks - 2 medium
- Organic tomatoes, halved - 500g
- Zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks - 1 medium
- Organic eggplant, skin on, cut into cubes - 1 pound
- Sea salt - 1/4 tsp
- Chopped fresh thyme leaves - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, minced - 3
- Organic lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Organic red chilli flakes (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt and organic black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and pour back into the pot.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grab two large Silicone or other non-stick baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, throw in red onion, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and salt. Mix everything together. Spread out on the baking sheets and then slip them into the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out, add the thyme, garlic, and lemon juice, stir, and throw them back in the oven until some of the veggies start looking a little browned around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Add the roasted veggies to the cooked pasta, pour in the balsamic, pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir. Taste and add more garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and/or thyme. If you want to up the greens level, serve the hot pasta on a bed of arugula or spinach with a squeeze of lemon juice on them. Done and done.