Spicy Tomato salad
- 23 Jun, 2020
- ripe organic tomatoes, quartered - 9 medium
- organic red onions, thinly sliced on diagonal - 12
- organic black pepper powder - 1 tbsp
- organic parsley - 2 cups
- organic green chilies, halved lengthways, seeded, thinly sliced diagonal - 2
- black mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- freshly grated organic ginger - 1/3 cup
- garlic cloves, crushed - 8
- organic ground turmeric - 2 tbsp
- ground cumin - 2 tbsp
- olive oil - 80ml
- vinegar - 60ml
- firm packed light brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- Place tomatoes, chillies and onions in a serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine pepper, seeds, ginger, garlic and spices.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat until it's almost smoking. Add spice mixture, stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes, then pour over tomato mixture and stir.
- Heat the vinegar, salt and sugar in a pan over high heat until boiling, then immediately pour over tomato mixture. Mix well and cool to room temperature.