Thai Cucumber Salad
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Unseasoned rice wine vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Organic cucumber, sliced - 2
- Organic red onion, sliced - 1/2
- Sambal oelek - 2 tsp
- Organic fresh basil, chopped - 1 tsp
- Organic fresh cilantro,chopped - 1 tsp
- Organic fresh mint, chopped - 1 tsp
- Lightly salted or unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped - 1/4 cup
- In a small saucepan, measure and add the rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium and simmer until syrupy. About 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar syrup into a mixing bowl to cool.
- Once cooled, add the cucumber, red onion slices and sambal oelek. Use tongs to toss to combine. Let the cucumber soak up the syrup for about 5 minutes. Then toss one more time before transferring to a serving dish.
- Top with the chopped herbs and peanuts.