It’s crunchy, spicy, and sweet with undertones of bitterness.
- Bunch of kathurumurunga leaves washed and dried
- One onion halved and sliced
- Some cashew nuts
- Chilli flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Deep fry kathurumurunga, cashew, and onions.
- Drain on a kitchen towel. Place in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the deep-fried items.
- Toss gently and serve.
(You can add some lime juice but I didn’t as I felt it was flavourful as it is)